Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Shifting Gears






Hi everyone! It's been a while since I posted and I apologize for that. Health problems and life, itself, seemed to have gotten in my way...temporarily.

I hope you all had a phenomenal holiday season and a positive and loving start to the new year!!!

This post is different; a rant, if you will. I have some amazing 'gently used' Shabby Chic style furnishings that I've been trying to sell for months now a fabulous Robin Bruce slipcovered loveseat, 3 shabby bar stools, beaded light bulb covers and the dining chair covers. The problem seems to be a lack of exposure in the proper venues. So I have these things posted on Craigslist and also on ebay, as well as in the newspaper but have yet to have any success in selling them. One of the 'things' that I'm trying to sell is a set of four custom-made Rachel Ashwell slipcovers that are for dining chairs; something that I thought would sell quickly. Nope. So I'm trying to find out how to get more exposure and I google "Rachel Ashwell dining slip cover"...which SHOULD bring up my ebay auction, at the very least...but NOPE...nothing. Hmmmmmm. What to do, what to do.



Now I can google many variations and click the 'images' button and *poof* plenty of OTHER images come up, but not mine...even though all of those words appear in both the body and the title of my sales/auctions. So then I google "Robin Bruce Loveseat slipcovered" *because I have one for sale, too, lol* and NOTHING.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong??? Is the Universe trying to tell me something??? Ugh. I've gotta sell this stuff so that I can make some Russian Folk beds for my girls. How do the other people DO it?? Etsy, ebay....ugh.

Thanks for listening. LOL. Feel free to post any *legitimate* suggestions! Love and light to all of you! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment